Update

I have had a busy schedule this year, in spite of pulling out of almost all my galleries and shops in January. I have been heavily involved in organising events in conjunction with Wirral Council and running my networking group "With These Hands" for visual artists in Wirral -becoming more of a promoter of events and organiser than an actual maker. I was able to return to the Williamson Art Gallery this summer to do a block of teaching for the Summer Art Workshops with 8 to 15 year olds, the results of all of the projects  are on show now in the gallery.  I have been successful in getting 2 grants for community project for Oxton to create Wellington Boot planters for Wellington Road.

Here are the details of two events in the next fortnight at which I will be exhibiting my own work

Table for 8 with MJMAN


The Merseyside Jewellers and Metal Artists Network after a long break are serving a delicious smorgasbord of wearable contemporary jewellery designs inspired by food and fine dining at the Hope Street Hotel adjacent to London Carriage Works as part of Hope Street Festival - Feast. I have contributed 2 special spoons made for the exhibition and a piece of silversmithing from my college years from over 20 years ago as well as 3 brooches made from packaging from cooked meat etc from our weekly shop!
"Table for 8" exhibition - 1 day only !
Sunday 18th September 12-4pm
London Carriage Works part of the Hope Street Hotel

NB: I will not be in attendance.

Wirral Open Studio Tour
I am taking part in this years studio tour as I am unable to take part in the Oxton Art Fair  so I am delighted to have a different type of event to get involved with, I was involved for many years with the Guelph Studio Tour when we lived in Canada. I will not be showing from my real studio in Oxton as it is on the top floor of my house and could not do the risk assesment for all the stairs so Xitina Ferres, a lovely vibrant Catalan painter has asked me to share her space from her beautiful studio in Hoylake. I will be present at all times of the show.

Saturday 24 September 2011; 10am-5pm
Sunday 25 September 2011; 10am-4pm
12a North Parade (West Winds) on the promenade
Hoylake
Wirral
CH47 2BB

Xitina Ferres and Fiona Hardman will also be appearing at this venue.

There is also a special Christmas event planned for November 2011. Apart from this I will be showing in the With These Hands exhibition as part of the Heswall Arts Festival in October in Heswall library. As I said earlier due to family commitments, I am taking a break from the Oxton Art Fair, but will be attending and supporting the Oxton Artists in November at the Williamson.

My best wishes to you.

Alison
Blog for my own work http://abscraft.blogspot.com/
My own selling site but locally, The Stables Gallery still have some pieces of my work for sale


Comments