Welly Road Gets the boot in!


I have been working on the idea for a community project for Oxton in a street called Wellington Road with shops and houses, schools nearby and churches.

Yesterday I found out I had be successful in the grant application to fund the project (not me but all the materials and labour from others) so I am absolutely delighted...


 Concept ideas only taken from the internet
My apologies to the photographers

The idea is to make a community focus for Wellington Road by creating planters from donated Wellington Boots of all sizes and condition that could go outside local businesses and houses to beautify the street. The planters will be planted by the community, including the children of Birkenhead School, The Green Community Shop and Centre and possibly the congregations of the local churches, Holy Name and St Saviours.

Comments